From MiiWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Before uploading a file, please read the file policy for more information.
When uploading a file, please fill out the information asked as follows:
- description - A brief summary describing the file's contents.
- game - The game the file belongs to, if it does. This will automatically link and categorize the file for the game added.
- media - For any files not belonging to a game, or that should not have an automatic link generated, use this parameter instead of game.
- modified - Any significant changes made to images should be optionally listed here.
- type - The type of file in the image. Please check Template:Aboutfile/doc for a full list of available types.
- type2 - Optional, for images with more than one type.
- user - Uploading user. This is for use with User upload types, or for sourcing.
- source - The source of the image. For images captured/created by yourself, enter "self" instead. For images uploaded by another user, enter "user". If a file has no known source, leave this parameter blank and it will be categorized in an unsourced files category.
- license - If the type parameter is filled, this parameter does not need filled out. This should be reserved for special cases like Creative Commons or Public Domain files.
To include a file in a page, use a link in one of the following forms:
- [[File:File.jpg]] to use the full version of the file
- [[File:File.png|200px|thumb|left|alt text]] to use a 200 pixel wide rendition in a box in the left margin with 'alt text' as description
- [[:File:File.ogg]] for directly linking to the file without displaying the file